Picture credit from Google search engine
Thousands of hundreds of millions kids around the country joined this exam with the big hope that they will get in to the faculty they love and would like to practice when they graduated. By the time I took that test, I had a chance to choose 5 faculties and no limitation for any kinds either science or not. So I took around 12 subjects to take in that exam.
Picture credit from Google search engine
The life-changing day came afterward not too long by a few days once all of the subjects were done examined. The night before that announcement was about the killer. Can you imagine that was 20 years ago and we uses a wooden board with the results stapled on it to show the students?
Nooooooo, I am not saying we only used the board but we also use phone calls and website that you could check the result. But at the board in any big stadium will have the students who already studied there came to greet and welcome you.
Picture credit from Google search engine
We have some fun activities at the board to greet you, to cheer you up no matter you passed nor failed. I lost that opportunity because I was a little far from the main board so I only called to check my result. What you need to have in your mind while you are racing your heartbeat with the call waiting phone was your examination number and the faculty code number.
In Thailand even my country is not a massive country nor population by that time but every single University had their own ways to welcome the new students.
Picture credit from Google search engine
Main reason of that activity is briefly explanation of how to study and balance the life out side parents' home, learning how to live with somebody else, understanding of seniority. Of course, a lot of fun, laughs, tears, and injuries come along because they are teenagers which will see the fun part bigger than the safe part. Every single year we will see the breaking news, the news on the cover of the newspaper about some kids got injured from the activity.
I was with over 200 students when I was in the nursing faculty at Mahidol university. All of those were girls excluding to another 2 more nursing faculties for the first year. Noooooooo, I am not kidding about the number. It was over 200 from Siriraj nursing faculty and about almost 200 more girls from Ramathibodi hospital. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramathibodi_Hospital. It was a huge class and it was pretty fun to be.
Picture credit from Google search engine
I would like to be in the front row sometimes and definitely not every single class I would attend. I would not lie to you about that and some classes I would go so far like the last row where a big crowd attend to hide myself, BHAhahaha... don't you that when you were young sometimes?






No comments:
Post a Comment