Picture captured from www.ns.mahidol.ac.th
Can you help me count and find out which month I missed in the picture above? We usually have 12 months in 1 year and student will have summer break either starts from March or April in Thailand. Or from other months after May in USA which we will count the break up to around 3 months. But from the picture above, I do not see the summer break but I only see the summer trimester.
No, we did not have the choice to do the classes during the summer at all. When I was young, as I said around 20 years ago in the university, we already had all the classes set up fro us since the day we got accepted from the university. Wondering about the students who could not pass some classes, right? I have no idea at all about where were they after that. I may ask some of my friends who have been professor and teach at the faculty sometime.
Picture credit from GooGle search engine
By the time I was studying at that campus, it was a very huge and dated place due to the distance from the city. The picture above really shows the actual dorm I stayed over there in the clean and bright look. Believe in any ghosts or superpower stories? Definitely got some at that kind of place among the big old trees and I will find some to tell you later on.
Picture credit from GooGle search engine
We used a lot of bicycles to go around the campus as it is such a huge place and not so much of the kids those days would have the chance to own the car. Therefor we got the place to park the bikes nearby the lecture buildings, canteen, management department, and of course, our dorm.
Picture credit from GooGle search engine
How fun it could be that we could ride the bike after school in the evening in the campus which is filled with trees. Most of the students in Thailand even in the university wear uniform so we would only took the skirt or pants out and wear the fisherman pants and flipflop. Before the school starts at the beginning of the year and before we move ourselves into the dorm, we will see the senior students waiting for us at the bus stop to sell this pants.
Picture credit from GooGle search engine
It took a lot of practice to be able to wear this pants without loosing them to the ground. I am pretty sure we all experienced once at least. The ones that we had usually had some fun prints with the name of university, some cartoons that represented the fun part of being the student here.
Oh well... talking to me without food issue doesn't sound like you are talking to the real " Joanna" at all. So we are gonna go to a little bit of the food in our campus a little bit. We used the word " canteen" for our food court, cafeteria, or food center. However we did not call it in Thai but we called " canteen" since then and that was how I put this vocabulary into my book.
Picture credit from GooGle search engine
In the morning, pretty early of course, around 7am at the canteen. You would see the young hungry crow who are all still look like they are not really up from bed and ready to school. But one common thing that every has is the hungry look. When I was there I stayed at the dorm number1 at room number 1321. I was pretty much just opposite to the canteen so the first place after got off from the bathroom was canteen.
Picture credit from GooGle search engine
All kinds of Thai food you could imagine in the student price which we all could afford to enjoy. Whatever you like, anything you could imagine, to order for your breakfast, lunch or dinner. It is really your choice to make to have either the ready-to-eat dish, cook-by-order dish, or noodle, or all of them.
Picture credit from GooGle search engine
Those are only the food in the day time but what about after the canteen closed down in the evening around 8pm, what would we do? At that time, 1994, we only had this kind of place. The little warm friends gathering spot in the campus which sponsored by Coca-Cola. That kind of little booth or stand sold only snacks, desserts in the bag, soda pops, and some other drinks in the can. We were kids so we got hungry pretty much all day all night, you know?
Picture credit from GooGle search engine
I graduated from high school with only around not more than 90 pounds with 5 feet and 6 inches. But by the time I finished my first year at this campus I gained around 25 pounds even I rode the bike and played around the campus with my roommates and my classmates. Sigh... nothing could stop my mouth and keep me away from food REALLY!










No comments:
Post a Comment