The picture below shows what the students would do in free time in the campus which we, the nursing students, did not have when I was in the university. We went to the lecture class from 8am until 4pm and for practical class from 7am until 3pm. But " NO" we usually arrived at the floor by 6ish am and stayed until we really finished our assignment which could possibly be around 4pm. at least.
Picture credit from GooGle search engine
Once we finished the first year we will move to another dorm closer to the hospital. The main reason was just because life was getting harder and in need to wake up earlier to go to school plus getting some practicing classes. Prior to that moment we got one more remarkable activity for all of us who pass through one of the toughest times of our life as the nursing freshies ( I specifically invented this word exclusively for me. Oooops!!!). We had a nursing cap ceremony at the very first day of the second year in the nursing school.
Picture credit from GooGle search engine
So for the nursing student we will only wear just the plain white cap without any band. As I said, at the very first day we will be in the nursing cap ceremony and get the pure white nursing cap from our honorable professors. We were among our senior nursing students and pretty all of the professors in the faculty plus the dean.
Picture credit from GooGle search engine
We woke up pretty early to get ready for the ceremony. Iron the uniform, tight up the hair, put some make up on, and blah blah blaaaaaaaaah... Getting a ride to the faculty by a truck that modified to be our private transportation from the dorm.
Picture credit from GooGle search engine
After got the cap from the dean we got a cap first on our head as a practicing nursing student by the professors. And of course, getting picture afterward.
If it is happening to me these days we would have the selfie picture, and post those pictures on any social medias, right? How many websites we would like to see these days... Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Blogger...
Most of the nursing students in Thailand wear the student uniform differently than Siriraj hospital. Pretty much all of them wear apron on top of the pure white dress and some nursing school wear blue dress. To be honest to all of you, I thought that was so pretty and for sure I wish I could have that pretty uniform instead of this pure white dress that I needed to wear.
Picture credit from GooGle search engine
But after all of these years I looked back again I would not regret to wear that pure white with the plan cap though. It looks professional and provides us the maturity by wearing the uniform so much. I still do not have time to find my own picture in the uniform for my own blog so far. I will get myself to do it sometime pretty soon even I am not so sure I could find one. I even recall I have taken picture with the uniform at all.
Picture credit from GooGle search engine
That is a picture of RN in Siriraj hospital now and then. The reason I said I might not really have picture of myself in the uniform because when I first graduated I started my nursing life as a scrub nurse and working in the operation room where we did not wear that white uniform.






No comments:
Post a Comment