Monday, August 25, 2014

RNtertainment, the NCLEX Examination review game.

Actually I am in the middle of making decision about my future. As I mentioned before about my bachelor degree that I got from Thailand almost 20 years ago was about nursing. In order to practice in USA, I need to be licensed to be the registered nurse first. So I need to take the test which calls " NCLEX RN" or "National Council Licensure Examination"  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Council_Licensure_Examination On top of that, this Florida where the criterias of the foreign applicants are different than the other states. I may talk about that part later on if I have enough accurate informations. 





Picture credit from GooGle search engine


A few days ago I was wondering what should I do and how to start the processes. I always prefer the actually books and stuff than just looking online. So I decided to go to BAM, Book A Million  http://www.booksamillion.com/ to take a look what would be my other choices more than just the book. It was very fun walking around and picking something interesting to find out what were inside. Then I finally found something interesting and it was sealed. 

Damn it!!! It was a game and it seemed to be fun because it was not a book. But it was sealed!!!



Picture was taken by Ms. Joanna Ainscough


Well... it was not a cheap stuff, of course. I went back home and still kept thinking about it. I finally ordered it online and it got delivered just this afternoon. I could not even wait for a second to open the game after tore down the box, haha...

Tada.... I got an educational game for my MAY-BE future. RNtertainment, the NCLEX examination Review Game, the game that perhaps help me decide whether I should go back to the nursing field or find something else for myself.



VDO from YouTube by Ms. Joanna Ainscough


I decided to create this YouTube clip to show everything inside the box because I could not see anything when I found it at BAM. Hopefully it helps some nursing students or whoever that will take the NCLEX pretty soon. It seems to be a fun game especially if you have some friends close by to make it a game night. It looks like any board game for me but also educates you in the same time. The box contains lots of cards, board, cones, dice, and a booklet of answers&rationales. 



Picture was taken by Ms. Joanna Ainscough


The board is pretty study and foldable so you could keep everything together back into the box after you are done playing it with your friends. It gets 4 spots where you need to place your game cards on them following the color of the spot and the cards. It has the start spot and finish spot to show you where the beginning of the game and where you would be call " The Winner".




Picture was taken by Ms. Joanna Ainscough


In my point of view, these piles of cards are quite thick and look a little scary. But if the game work I do not mind about the thickness. As long as the game does the job and helps me pass through another though time in my life. The cards are categorized into 4 groups of nursing knowledges and they are all in different color. One group contains 200 questions each which means you would get 800 questions totally. Does it sound like quite a few nursing questions to practice for you? Definitely for me, I know about that.




Picture was taken by Ms. Joanna Ainscough


Not only the 4 groups of nursing questions you would get but you would also have quite a few of "Test-Taking Traps" cards and " Test-Taking Tips " cards to guide you to what you should do and what you should not do.

I would be a lot happier if the part of choices would be covered. So I could play the game by myself whenever or anytime I could not find anyone. You know what I am talking about? If they covered the answer from the choices you could read the question and choices but still do not know which choice is the answer. So with this version I still need someone to play with me. I think my boyfriend would be the first victim for sure.




Picture was taken by Ms. Joanna Ainscough


The picture above shows the actual question in the game which also shows you the answer is in the green color. It stands out from the other choices. But I think because the game created to be multiplayers kind and it need be the other players read the question and choices for you to answer. Not designed to be just for you to enjoy by yourself.





Picture was taken by Ms. Joanna Ainscough


From the VDO on YouTube you would see that I showed you about another thing you will get along with the cards and stuff. It is a booklet that tells you answers&rationales which only has a brief explanation. But as I said you are the students, you've been in the classes, or you perhaps already graduated from the nursing school. I am sure you would have a better and longer explanation than that. Or you could even ask the reasons from the friend who is the person that answer that question. Just makes the game a little more fun and challenge, isn't it? 

If I have more time after play the game more often. I would come back for another blog to tell you if I obtain any knowledge and how much I enjoy the game. If you have any questions about the game or want to see more pictures from the box. Please do not hesitate to ask me. I will be more than happy to give you a chance so you will spend money wisely and get the most benefit out of it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment